Tuesday 18 February 2014

It's Wednesday and you know what that means - yep, new comics. So this is On the Stack, a list of all the comics I'll be picking up this week and a look at how I think this week is shaping up. Come back later for The Reading List, where I'll be reviewing what I liked and what I didn't. What am I missing? What am I getting that you think I should be avoiding? Let me know!



The highlight from Marvel this week is definitely Amazing X-Men #4 - really loving that Nightcrawler is back and at his swashbuckling best no less. This book can't come out fast enough. Punisher had a strong start with its new number 1 a few weeks back so I'm eager to pick up Punisher #2 and see more of the same quality really and see what Frank gets up to in a new city (and with that new hairdo). Avengers World #3 - loving the more character focused storytelling of this title over the core Avengers book, the look into Smasher's world (oh, I get it now) last issue was cool and this issue promises Kung fu action with Bruce L- I mean, Shang Chi... As for the rest, Daredevil #36 - is this the last issue? - it's always a must buy because, come on, and I'm digging NIght of the Living Deadpool so it's great to have the next installment. I didn't read the first issue of Disney Kingdoms Seekers of the Weird but I've heard good things so who knows? Maybe I should give it a read. Finally New Warriors #1. I dunno, I'll give it a shot but I've never really read that much NW in the past, I know it has its fan base who are very loyal so I'll give it a try. I'll also be picking up Undertow #1 from Image - always up for an original story and this certainly looks like it will be - and Harley Quinn #3 from DC because forno other reason than it's Harley. Valiant have got a few that I'll pick up - Bloodshot and H.A.R.D Corps #19, Quantum and Woody #8 and the final part of Unity #4. I'm fairly new to the Valiant universe and still playing catch up with my reading, so while I'm picking these up I won't be reviewing them until a later date. Suffice to say I've no doubt they'll all be as awesome as the previous issues that Valiant have been putting out. I'm definitely a true convert.


THE STACK 

AMAZING X-MEN #4 

AVENGERS WORLD #3 

BLOODSHOT AND HARD CORPS #19

CAPTAIN AMERICA #17

DAREDEVIL #36 

DISNEY KINGDOMS SEEKERS OF WEIRD #2

HARLEY QUINN #3

IRON MAN ANNUAL #1

MARVEL KNIGHTS HULK #3 

NEW WARRIORS #1 

NIGHT OF LIVING DEADPOOL #3 

NOVA #13.NOW ANMN [DIG]

PUNISHER #2 

QUANTUM AND WOODY #8

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM UP #10 

UNCANNY X-MEN #17 

UNDERTOW #1

UNITY #4

X-MEN #11 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!